Subject: serial console problem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/1997 11:59:31
--==_Exmh_646543846P

I've just put 1.3_ALPHA on a new Pentium; this machine is destined to be a
"random service" machine (ntp, samba, amanda, etc).  I've configured the
bootblocks to use a serial console and am booting with a generic kernel.
I've found an odd problem, though; whenever I turn off the terminal (which
is on the console serial port) the machine hangs.  The machine starts up
again when the terminal is turned back on (though sometimes it has been
thrown into ddb).

Anyone know why this could be happening?

	-Kevin

--==_Exmh_646543846P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNGNI8n4qeMKIUCpVAQFVRAP9HK244o8V8MtQVP4k9kJCshxGgxuLPpFY
W383EKF1uXKskcI6mEezH99un2fdXU+1hR/MuopDAx/QNOxkrf9893FA/QUhsII0
hNEJQliWJ7yFCld06/3X4LJ6HNC9Yb3bUHc4WRFYaZ4tUAoQKqzaJsccaF6DXRZ4
Lbjhc+3L1VA=
=hrwv
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_646543846P--