Subject: Re: XFree86 3.3 SVGA server on NetBSD 1.3
To: None <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1997 13:21:32
>Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:18:54 -0500 (EST)
>From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>

>  the keyboard seems to lock up. The mouse continues to work, although
>sometimes I can't logout because the control modifier seems to be
>stuck, so I can't get the right menu.

>  If I can manage to log off, having the X server restart (under XDM)
>fixes the problem. I can not switch virtual consoles while the keyboard
>is stuck.

The i386 keyboard controller requires a delay after each access, or it
can get confused.  Try applying the patches in my PR 2631 and see if
that helps.  If not, see if the XF86 server is accessing the keyboard
directly (bad server!); you'll have to use the XF86 sources for that.
If it does, then increase the delays there as well.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel