Subject: Re: Unofficial i386 1.3_ALPHA snapshot available
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1997 07:59:17
>  o Do you know what sort of PCMCIA controller does your PC really
>    have?  If I've understood things correctly (I may not have...)
>    there are many Intel 82365 clones which the code (or the chips
>    themselves(?)) claim to be "Intel 82365SL" or something like
>    that.

I'm afraid I don't know what it is if it isn't an Intel chipset.

>  o Where does your PCMCIA controller sit?  In PCI space?  If so,
>    what is the output earlier on when it scans PCI space?

I don't think it is in pci space as I'm pretty sure my 1.1A kernel
does not probe pci.

> My laptop has a Texas Instruments TI PCI-1130 PCMCIA/CardBus
> bridge sitting in PCI space, which can be seen producing these
> messages during autoconf scan:
>
> vendor 0x104c product 0xac12 (CardBus bridge, revision 0x04) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured
> vendor 0x104c product 0xac12 (CardBus bridge, revision 0x04) at pci0 dev 9 function 1 not configured

No I don't get any pci messages at all just the

pcic0 ar isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xd3fff: using irq 3

> Lastly, what sort of laptop (make+model) is it you have?

Its a Toshiba T2130CT.  Its a i486/75 with active color screen, 500Mb
disk and two pcmcia slots - nothing fancy.  Its a couple of years old
as is the 3C589.

--sjg