Subject: README: those with bha ccb problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/1997 15:54:36
All you folks who are having problems with the bha driver panic'ing because
it can't create ccbs...

I have added some better diagnostic messages when the failure occurs,
and have changed the code so that it doesn't panic.  Instead, it will
just hobble along if it managed to create one before it failed, or it
will return an error condition to the upper layer.

Please beat on the driver (after the next SUP scan, that is :-) if you
were having problems, and please use whatever method you were using to
reproduce the problem.  If you do get the diagnostic message, PLEASE
send them to me, so that I can continue working on the problem.

I may add queueing similar to what the ahc driver uses in resource
shortages if this is a real problem.

Also, I've made similar changes to the other drivers which are similar
to the bha driver (aha, bha, uha, ahb, wds).  I cannot test these drivers
directly, but they compile, and the code is nearly identical, so there
shouldn't be any problems.  If there are, please send a bug report
immediately!

Thanks!

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935