Subject: Re: VIA VP2 chipset
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@mindbender.serv.net>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/1997 10:33:11
In the middle of a glowing report about a motherboard, Michael wrote:
> It absolutely screams with a 75MHz memory bus and a 37.5MHz PCI bus.

Isn't this begging for trouble?  I thought the PCI bus was spec'ed to
run at 33 MHz, and therefore a PCI card which simply cannot run any
faster than that is perfectly acceptable.  If so, this is another case
of someone trying to win benchmarks with defective hardware (if a
spec-compliant hardware card won't work, the motherboard is broken).

If I wanted "well, it works great MOST of the time", I'd be running Windows...

grumble, grumble, grumble