Subject: Re: pcvt (was: Re: Native NetBSD/i386 DTP software)
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1997 13:29:25
> > If you're going to start "from a clean sheet of paper," I'd suggest
> > that the first thing to look at redesigning the leadership of this
> > project.
>
> We do have a problem with our leadership.
>
> > If 'core' ever bothered to answer their mail, it might no longer be in
> > "license limbo."  I'll do what I can to fix this, but you (or others)
> > cannot blame me for unresponsive leadership which can't even be
> > bothered to answer its e-mail.
>
> But the fixing the problem with our leadership won't necessarily
> resolve the license dispute.   Please don't confuse the two issues.

No, it won't necessarily resolve the license dispute in question in a
way that's satisfactory to all parties.  "responsive leadership" !=
"leadership that does what I want," it means "leadership that answers
its mail," "leadership that responds to questions," or "leadership
that actually works to solve problems rather than standing by mute."

Good leadership _would_ necessarily resolve the license dispute, one
way or the other.

cgd