Subject: Re: pcvt (Now: MI console driver)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@serv1.eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1997 10:27:19
> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
>
> > Given that it is now in use in the BeBox port (just committed today!),
> > and that its ugly as sin, maybe a new MI console driver for all ports
> > would be a Neat Thing.
>
> I thought a little about this but it is far out of my league...  I could
> help code it, and would like to help design, but I don't know enough about
> all the hardware out there.

I have a skeleton of the keyboard part that it is nearly coded ...

It is a generic console keyboard requiring key press/release events from
the MD part and doing the complete translation, keyboard maps via ioctl's etc.

Please get in touch.

> Even if it were just generic for VGA-type displays it would help a whole
> lot though...

This one is on my wish list. A MI console requiring only some basic
drawing primitives like clear-line, draw-string etc from the MD part.

--
Juergen Hannken-Illjes - hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de - TU Braunschweig (Germany)