Subject: Wierd experience attempting fresh install of 1.2.1 on a Dell
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Christiansen (NT) <davidchr@microsoft.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/1997 18:21:44
	The machine is an AMD 486/133, installing on Adaptec 1542CP's
sd0.

	when creating the usr and var partitions, we hit lots and lots
of hard errors.  Later, just for grins and giggles, we did a
copy_kernel, and that failed with lots of fd0a soft errors.   Sure
enough, the machine certainly doesn't boot ;-)

	Am I missing something?  I had similar problems on another
machine with another 1542CP.  The card was detected at the correct irq
and drq and I'm fairly certain that the hardware is working properly.

	I'd appreciate any pointers, leads, or downright wild guesses...
Thanks!  :-)