Subject: Re: Compiling for PC
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/1997 23:45:55
Ty Sarna wrote:

> > Right now, I'm trying to port it into Visual C++ 5.0 (just because I'm
> > used to it)  if anyone has done this successfully; please let me know;
> > I'm having a hell of a time doing it.
>
> Native compiling is by far the easiest route.  Cross-compiling from
> another unixoid system is a bit of a job.  Trying to cross compile from
> an MS platform is the most uh...  optimistic...  plan I've read in quite
> some time :-)

Hmm, anyone remember the "PCBSD" port that somebody was working on?
(getting 386BSD binary compatibility under OS/2 wasn't it?)

Now if only there was a NetBSD subsystem for NT.. :)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.