Subject: Re: Speaking of bugs....
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/1997 13:26:12
I started having the "bha_init_ccb: can't create DMA maps" panic after
I upgraded the system memory from 40M to 96M (although NetBSD is
using only 64M of it).  After about 6 consecutive days of crashing
shortly after 2am, it stopped.  This was strangely coincidental
with my ceasing use of that system as an NFS server.  After about
7 or 8 days with no crashes, it has started crashing again, and
has done so for the past 8 consecutive days so far, still shortly
after 2am.

I tried running the test program below, and it swapped until swap
was full and never had a problem.

Other than a few idle xterms and a window manager or two, the only
thing running is the daily security script.

How do I use the kernel debugger to view variables from various
stack frames?  Is it possible to call kernel subroutines from the
debugger?

-- Chuck