Subject: Installing DOS on a NetBSD hard disk
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Quaizar Vohra <qv@3com.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/1997 18:38:16
Hi,
	I have been running NetBSD 1.2 on my entire hard disk. I wanted
to install Windows NT too. Using Windows NT Setup utility I created
2 partitions and installed NT on the first. But I could not get the
machine to boot in NT.

So I reformatted the entire disk and created one single partition and
installed NT on that single partition. But it wouldn't boot in NT still.
It fails at the point where the NT setup finishes installation from
the cd-rom and tells you to press any key to restart the machine and
continue with further setup.

I apologize if I am sending this to the wrong mailing list.
I am at the point where I cannot figure out what to do next as I am
clueless about the technicalities of the boot blocks, BIOS etc.

Any suggestions or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quaizar