Subject: Buslogic driver [was Re: Speaking of bugs]
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/1997 00:20:58
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 19:17:43 -0400 (EDT)
>  Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org> wrote:
>
>  > Hello....
>  >
>  > I'v been trying to update my Pentium from 1.2B to 1.2G and have run into
>  > the panic on the 1.2G kernels:
>  >
>  > panic: bha_init_ccb: can't create DMA maps
>
> This is on my list of things to look at soon'ish.

FWIW, I ran into this problem in July.  My BT747 (EISA) was causing this
panic on a 12GB CCD.  I didn't have it all of the time though, and the
machine has been fairly stable.  I'll try the test program also.

> I am using a Buslogic on PCI, and am not seeing these problems.  I do
> lots of disk i/o through that controller, so I'm going to need some help
> nailing this down...

I have these Buslogic (and Bustek) controllers:
	BT956C	pci  (fairly new)
	BT747	eisa (fairly new)
	BT742A	eisa (fairly old)
	BT542	isa  (really old, might be a 542A, have to look)

I'll be happy to help test, or just provide a serial console to a box
with any of these.

> 	(a) I need to know _exactly_ what's happening on the system
> 	    when this occurs.
>
> 	(b) I need to know LOTS of gory details about your hardware.
>
> Can you help me debug this?  I'd really like to get it fixed :-)

I can definitely help with the controllers mentioned above.  I have
only seen the problem on my BT747 though.
Let me know via private email if you want serial console access.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.