Subject: Speaking of bugs....
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/1997 19:17:43
Hello....

I'v been trying to update my Pentium from 1.2B to 1.2G and have run into
the panic on the 1.2G kernels:

panic: bha_init_ccb: can't create DMA maps

I had someone build some -current kernels for me, in case there was
something odd about the way I built the 1.2G kernel and the same panic
occures [For a number of reasons, the GENERIC kernel won't work for me].
At this point, I can't help but suspect that something is wrong.

The following program will cause the panic around the time it starts to
swap:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
	char *c;
	int n=0;

	while (c=(char *)malloc(8192)) {
		*c=123;
		n++;
		fprintf(stderr,"%d ",n);
		usleep(500);
	}
	sleep(2000);
}

I was unable to panic the i386 1.2B system or a sparc 1.2G system.

Thanks..

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org