Subject: Word Perfect for Linux
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel Daw <daw@ux4.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1997 23:37:51
I thought people might be interested in the following result:

The WordPerfect for Linux 7.0 demo (fully functional, from
ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/WordPerfect/wpunix/demos/linux/linuxgui1.tar.gz)
seems to work great with NetBSD. The only snag is that you have to
perform the following after you install (assuming you install in
/usr/local/wp):

touch /usr/local/wp/shlib10/.WP.NO_FLOCK

So enough with the good news. I'm not sure why this should be
necessary -- it stops Wordperfect from calling fcntl(F_SETLK) on all
kinds of files when it opens them, and getting an EINVAL for reasons
unbeknownst to me. I haven't looked deeply into the compat source or
the kdump for this one, but are there known problems with the
compat_linux fcntl locking code?

nd