Subject: Install troubles, again...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@SOLUTIONS.solon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/1997 22:49:07
It appears that NetBSD doesn't recognize the ISA bus on my 430VX motherboard,
or at least, it won't spot an Etherlink III card on that bus, and I see
nothing about probing isa0.  If it matters, this is a K6 system.  I'm
hoping to set NetBSD up on this machine.  I found out that it wasn't spotting
my hard drive, apparently, because it was on the 2nd IDE controller, and
moving the drive to the 1st controller got it probing... Now I can't get
the net install to work because my network devices are an ISA etherlik III,
which doesn't probe, and a 3C900 Etherlink XL, which is PCI, and probes as
an ep0, which it isn't, and also doesn't work.  (Symptom:  The "link" light
on my hub flashes during pings, but doesn't stay on, and nothing works.)

Anyone got a pointer to a usable binary snapshot much more recent than
1.2.1?  I might be fine just on more current binaries.

-s