Subject: Re: Innd + NetBSD
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/1997 01:38:27
On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Jeff Northon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone is able to get Inn running reliably on
> NetBSD. We are running 1.2.1 NetBSD, the newest inn (I think),
> on a PPRO 200 with 256 megs memory, boots off a EIDE disk, and uses
> a ccd of three 4.3 gig WD SCSI Ultra WIDE drives on a 2940 UW.

am running it on 1.2f and it works fine.

> Looks like innd takes a nap, without any output to the log files.
> hitting it with rc.news kicks it back into action.

I remember I had a problem with NetBSD removing a particular directory..
oh, it was /var/run/news upon system bootup and I just put mkdir
/var/run/news in rc.news and it's been fine since.

One question I still have is, should I compile with mmap?  Is it faster or
slower with mmap?

> If there is a innd mailing list could someone give me a clue?
>
> Brian?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Northon

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087