Subject: STILL more progress!!! :)
To: NetBSD-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/1997 13:44:17
A very kind soul sent me a statically linked copy of cksum, so I'm
generating a new cksums file right now. I won't need a statically linked
diff, because I'm simply going to pop everything over to the Mac and run
the diff there.

:)

With any luck, I'll have -current working today! Then I can see if my
serial port is configured correctly, and if it is, I'll shoehorn the 486
into the existing setup.

So, I'm wondering... On the NetBSD/mac68k, the serial driver has trouble
reliably handling speeds above 38400 baud or thereabouts. Does NetBSD/i386
suffer from the same problem? Also, on NetBSD/mac68k, when the console
scrolls, it slows the system a bit, from what I've been told. I never see
this, because I primarily connect to the NetBSD/mac68k system via my Mac
(running MacOS), but I'm wondering... Is this behaviour similar with
NetBSD/i386? I'm just curious. The answer won't affect me a lot, but it
would be cool to know nonetheless.

Hopefully my next report will be one of unmitigated success!

Later...

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
     www.webtrek.com/mason   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();