Subject: Re: Unix-style keyboard for PC's?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/1997 06:53:29
On 9 14, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes "Unix" style keyboards?
>
> By "Unix" style, I mean one that has the Control key in the same row as the
> A key, and the Caps lock key in the same row as the space bar.
>
> If you do know where to get a keyboard like this, then I'd appreciate
> knowing the manufacturer and the place where you bought it.

  I'm using a Keytronics KB101 plus, which has a switch in the bottom that
permits swapping the caps lock and control key functions, though the key
caps are still wrong (but there are labels on the sides of those keys
indicating the alternative functions).  It's fun to watch the confusion of
visiting PC keyboard users when they punch the caps lock key and don't get
caps.  But what I don't understand is why anyone would _ever_ want to use
a caps lock key at all.  I'd be perfectly happy to see it vanish altogether.

  I bought it from Dave Gee (dgee@netcom.com) around late summer 1995.