Subject: Re: Installation... A new problem. :)
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/12/1997 09:20:05
On 9/11/97 at 6:15 PM -0700, you wrote:

> 	You should be able to just run
> 	'mount /dev/wd0a /mnt ; mkdir /mnt/usr ; mount /dev/wd0e /mnt/usr'

Hm. I wish I'd tried that last night... But then, I'd still be getting the
"archive corruption" problem. At any rate, last night while I was out I
downloaded NetBSD-i386 1.2.1, so I'll give that a whack as well. If it
chokes, then I have further hardware problems. If not, then... well...
maybe there's a problem with that particular -current snapshot. Either way,
I'll report back once I have some more information.

> Have you tried one of the othe rmotherboards for the install? :)

I haven't yet. I ought to... But I'm going to try 1.2.1 first, simply
because I'd rather there be a problem with -current than a problem with
this particular motherboard, since the next speediest alternative is a good
bit slower, and -current can be fixed... :P

That's my project this morning, anyway, so we'll have results soon.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
     www.webtrek.com/mason   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();