Subject: It wasn't cache...
To: NetBSD-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1997 19:44:19
I tried starting from scratch with the install on my 486/66, and figured
out that the problem wasn't related to having my caches turned on. :)

Of course, that leaves me with no further ideas right now. :(

I installed from scratch, and then loaded the kern package. When I got to
the "Extract" bit, I again got the "invalid compressed data" message.

I'll check sizes and checksums again, I guess. I'm not sure what's
happening, but at least I can get into a limited single-user environment
now. :)

Thanks in advance for the continued help.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
     www.webtrek.com/mason   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();