Subject: Re: Installation troubles, more info
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Brazile <jason@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1997 14:43:56
> In article <l03102805b03dd7427a17@[10.0.2.15]> you write:
> > Just out of curiosity, do any older NetBSD releases support MGA? Is there
> > any way that MGA support could be compiled into a kernel? There must be
> > *some* other folks out there using decrepit video hardware...
>
> Well, at least some decrepit hardware is supported.  I have a 386
> running NetBSD with a CGA card! (it's waiting until I can figure out why

The last time I installed NetBSD/i386 1.2, it was on a machine
whose only video was a 12 inch amber monochrome screen hooked up
to a Hercules monochrome video card (one of those full length 8
bit cards taken out of an old XT) and I had no problems.

There is even supposedly XFree86 support for that but I never tried it.

I think MGA is a different (later) thing, though.

Jason