Subject: dynamic allocation of IP
To: None <port-I386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sasha Egan <wildcard@belen.k12.nm.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/09/1997 08:02:45
Hello,

I have been trying to setup a dial-up for the small schools system that I
work for, they require a PPP link to the system.
I have gotten the modems to work like a charm in text mode interfaces but
PPP seems to be a little more elusive.  I need FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE to
dynamicly assign IP addresses to winblows95 dial-up networking.  I can't
seem to contact anyone inside microsoft who can tell me how this program
recieves a dynamic number.

Right now I have a script that I have written assign the modem that is
called an IP address from a list of availables, but I haven't the
slightest idea of how to pass this number to win95.
If anyone has any knowledge or experience in setting up DHCP or a PPP link
that uses dynamic allocation PLEASE give me some leads.

Thank you.
Sasha Egan

Belen Consolidated Schools
520 North Main ST.