Subject: Re: More than you ever wanted to know about P4D-66s...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Urban Boquist <boquist@cs.chalmers.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/1997 22:39:07
>>>>> Jonathan Stone writes:

Jonathan> Make the user *write* an MBR, via fdisk, instead of letting
Jonathan> disklabel guess one (and getting it wrong, for far too many
Jonathan> users).

FWIW, I agree completely with Jonathan. I've seen disklabel trash the
MBR too many times. In some cases I understood later why it
happened. In others I never really understood, I just tried some other
variation of the install until it worked...

The current disklabel can be a real pain, both for beginners and for
experienced NetBSD users. I think Jonathan's suggestion is a step in
the right direction.

	-- Urban

--
class struggle terrorist strategic Waco, Texas Khaddafi AK-47 Croatian
Cocaine Peking NSA Treasury NORAD colonel kibo Serbian