Subject: Re: Saga of the Gateway P4D-66 continues....
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@empros.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/1997 10:45:24
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Peter Seebach wrote:

> >From BSDI's reference manuals, and all that, there exist controllers which
> will not able to do anything unless there is a "correct" FDISK table.
>
> -s

Hmm... so the solution is to upgrade the controller?? Strange... I too
have a Gateway system (80386sx, American Megatrend BIOS), but I am able to
boot NetBSD off a 420Mb Western Digital hard drive. However, I am unable
to boot off a floppy. Each time I try that the computer reboots about 20
seconds after NetBSD starts up. This happens with both 1.2 and 1.2.1. And
on my Dell Pentium system, this problem does not exist.

Anyone else seen this problem on the floppy drive??

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens Energy & Automation, Inc. |          : bstark@empros.com      |
| Power Transmission & Distribution |                                   |
| 7225 Northland Drive              | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Brooklyn Park, MN 55428   USA     | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |