Subject: Re: Hardware support
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/12/1997 22:42:09
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

.. Howdy!
..
.. Does anyone know what it would take to supprot one of the new AdaptecSCSI
.. controllers, the AVA-1505 (I think that's its number). It's a very
.. affordable, probably no super-fast controller.

I have an 1515, which to my knowledge is the same as the 1505, just with
a BIOS added to it.

I run it with NetBSD/i386 with the following config lines:

aic0 at isa? port 0x340 irq12 # Adaptec 152[02]
scsibus* at aic?

I have had no problems with the Adaptec, but my old CD-ROM drive
required me to disable parity on the Adaptec -- otherwise it would
detech the CD at all LUN's.

- Erik