Subject: Re: ipkdb supported on i386
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1997 14:03:12
> Is ipkdb supported on the i386?

While I once had it running on the i386 (in fact, it was developped on the
i386 in the times where there wasn't even a 386bsd), it doesn't currently
work on anything but the powerpc port :-(.  The main reason is that I don't
have currently as much time to work on NetBSD as I did.

Especially the changes for the machine independence of device drivers
stopped ipkdb from working.  Looking at these changes, I'm not happy with
the current way of configuring ipkdb, but haven't yet come up with a better
method (due to lack of time) :-(.

> How would I configure it?

Hmm, I could make available my current sources for the ipkdb driver for
the ne2000 card to anyone interested.  However, it's probably not particularly
easy to make it work again :-(.  Let me know (probably in private mail) if
you are really interested.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--