Subject: Re: 1.0 -> 1.2.1 upgrade
To: Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1997 17:32:57
	Is it possible that /sbin/ifconfig is still the old one?
-Brian

On Aug 6,  6:27pm, Charles Sprickman wrote:
} Subject: 1.0 -> 1.2.1 upgrade
} Hello,
}
} Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I've yet to find a
} FAQ/Handbook/searchable mail archive, so I'm trying the mailing list...
}
} I've just upgraded an old 1.0 machine to 1.2.1 using the standard boot
} disk and upgrade disks.  I've installed the base, etc, secr, man, text,
} and share sets, and all seems well, except that I cannot get any network
} support working.  An ifconfig -a shows the interface, and I've tried about
} 3 different cards (all supported).  I've tried configuring the interface
} by hand, ensuring that the netmask, broadcast, and address are all
} correct, but I cannot see the outside world.
}
} The only clue I have is that when I went to investigate the routing table,
} I saw this:
}
} netstat: no namelist
}
} ?
}
} Charles
}
} Charles Sprickman 				Internet Channel
} INCH System Administration Team			(212)243-5200
} spork@inch.com					access@inch.com