Subject: 1.0 -> 1.2.1 upgrade
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1997 18:27:31
Hello,

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I've yet to find a
FAQ/Handbook/searchable mail archive, so I'm trying the mailing list...

I've just upgraded an old 1.0 machine to 1.2.1 using the standard boot
disk and upgrade disks.  I've installed the base, etc, secr, man, text,
and share sets, and all seems well, except that I cannot get any network
support working.  An ifconfig -a shows the interface, and I've tried about
3 different cards (all supported).  I've tried configuring the interface
by hand, ensuring that the netmask, broadcast, and address are all
correct, but I cannot see the outside world.

The only clue I have is that when I went to investigate the routing table,
I saw this:

netstat: no namelist

?

Charles

Charles Sprickman 				Internet Channel
INCH System Administration Team			(212)243-5200
spork@inch.com					access@inch.com