Subject: Re: pcmcia additions
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1997 12:00:03
>Andrew Gillham writes:
>> So.. I've seen the commits via source-changes, and I'm liking it..
>> Is there any possibility of someone building a GENERIC with the
>> new PCMCIA support?  I know it is on another branch, so we (the
>> unwashed masses) don't have access, but is it in such a state that
>> a 3c589 would work?  I'd like to test it.. :)

>The PCMCIA code works very nicely, but it is still being worked on
>pretty actively. I would wait a few weeks -- I bet it gets mainlined
>by then.  It will be much easier for people to get back good bug
>reports if they have sources to read...

I'm getting a nice shiny new Toshiba Tecra 530CDT today, if the FedEx
guys can find the time to deliver it.  I'd really like to install
NetBSD on it as one of the operating systems.

The two things I'm wondering about:

- Is there support, yet, for the Adaptec PC Card SCSI controller
  (1460??)
- Is there support for the cardbus version of the 3com ethernet card
  (don't know the exact model)?

Thanks!

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net