Subject: Re: Oopidstay again.
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1997 16:45:14
> Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM> wrote:
> >On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Dave Huang wrote:
> >
> >> Ohhh.... FAT32... NetBSD doesn't do FAT32. It can handle the long filename
> >> stuff on FAT16 partitions, from Win95 and Win95a though.
> >
> >The last I heard, _no_ other OS supported FAT32, though it's possible that
> >some 'leet Linux hacqre has since reverse-engineered it.

Indeed they have: see http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html

This page has a link to some Micro$oft FAT32 docs at:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/sdk/platforms/doc/sdk/win32/95guide/src/
fat32ovr.htm

--
Scott Telford
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre        "Every worthwhile creation is at