Subject: Re: IDE controller not recognized on Iwill P55XB2 motherboard
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1997 17:17:24
On Jul 31, Sean Doran wrote

> Hi -
>
>   I have a TEAC CD-524EK cdrom player attached to the
> primary IDE slot on a PC with an Iwill P55XB2 motherboard.
> I figure that this should work OK with Manuel Bouyer's
> atapi driver code.
>
>   Unfortunately, neither the IDE controller nor the CD ROM seems
> ever to be recognized by -current, although the BIOS claims
> it's there.
>
>   Is there something I'm missing (I'm really not a PC-architecture person...)?
>
>   Everything else works fine with the box (well, except the X server
> has weird screen distortion, but that's almost certainly an XF86Config
> problem...).

Well, can you #define ATAPI_DEBUG, ATAPI_DEBUG2 and ATAPI_DEBUG_PROBE in
sys/atapi/atapilink.h, recompile a kernel and send me the dmesg ?
(attention, there is 2 #undef ATAPI_DEBUG in sys/atapi/atapilink.h, be sure
to remplace or remove them !).

The problem is in wdcprobe (file sys/dev/isa/wdc.c). You can add some
prinf's here to find at which place it does "return 0".

     {Net,Free}BSD: 21 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference