Subject: Re: IDE controller not recognized on Iwill P55XB2 motherboard
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1997 16:35:08
>   I have a TEAC CD-524EK cdrom player attached to the
> primary IDE slot on a PC with an Iwill P55XB2 motherboard.
> I figure that this should work OK with Manuel Bouyer's
> atapi driver code.
>
>   Unfortunately, neither the IDE controller nor the CD ROM seems
> ever to be recognized by -current, although the BIOS claims
> it's there.

I had a similar problem with my new ASUS TC97-E motherboard which uses
a new Intel chipset.  The problem was solved with a patch from Manuel
Bouyer .. but I would think that patch is in the ATAPI source tree
(unless you grabbed your copy several weeks ago).

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---