Subject: IDE controller not recognized on Iwill P55XB2 motherboard
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1997 15:29:26
Hi -

  I have a TEAC CD-524EK cdrom player attached to the
primary IDE slot on a PC with an Iwill P55XB2 motherboard.
I figure that this should work OK with Manuel Bouyer's
atapi driver code.

  Unfortunately, neither the IDE controller nor the CD ROM seems
ever to be recognized by -current, although the BIOS claims
it's there.

  Is there something I'm missing (I'm really not a PC-architecture person...)?

  Everything else works fine with the box (well, except the X server
has weird screen distortion, but that's almost certainly an XF86Config
problem...).

	Sean.