Subject: Re: Oopidstay again.
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Terry Moore <tmm@mcci.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/1997 13:51:04
> Because Microsoft *shudder* refuses to document FAT32 anywhere?

Not true.  Though MS is MS, they had to document it for folks who
do disk utilities as part of the run-up to OSR2.1, and therefore
it is available.  It's just hard to find.

I have a copy of the spec.  It can be distributed.  Although it
is marked confidential -- it pre-dates OSR2.1 -- MCCI was given
a release to share it with people who haven't signed an NDA, and
was told by MS that this is "no longer confidential".  I think
the info is also on the latest MSDN CD-ROM.

MCCI did a FAT32 from the documentation (for a special purpose application),
we can vouch that there was enough information to implement. As it turned
out) the customer wanted FAT16 after all, so we did not complete
interoperability testing with real Windows systems.

--Terry