Subject: Oopidstay again.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1997 16:10:54
#undef CLUELESS
cpp: stdin: line 1:  Cannot undefine CLUELESS

Anyway, so here I am trying to get an MSDOS filesystem mounted.  I've
checked
the FAQ and it STILL doesn't want to show me anything (it mounts, but
the directory turns up blank).  I'm loath to create anything there for
fear
it'll toast the partition somehow.

It's a Win95 filesystem; running dd if=/dev/rwd0d | od -c | more showed
me a
couple of potential offsets (byte 077000 octal, 32256 decimal, sector
63,
and byte 0105000 octal, 35328 decimal, sector 69).

Disk geometry is reported as 1022x64x63 by the BIOS (so that's how I
installed),
and it's reported with a real geometry of 4092x16x63 by the kernel;
either way,
offset of one track is sector 63 which appears to be in keeping with
what I
remember doing ages ago (i.e. the FAT32 filesystem starts at The First
Sector
of The Second Sector of the disk (and we and they reference it
differently)).

Disk in question is a Quantum Fireball TM2110A.

Win95 runs fine (well, as fine as Win95 can be said to run).  NetBSD
runs fine.
But NetBSD can't see anything within the FAT32 filesystem.

I'd like to rectify this since it's much easier (and faster) to go
through the
hard drive rather than reformatting the same 8 floppies to transport
data
from the Win95 side (which has the working netscape) to the NetBSD side
(which doesn't).

Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.