Subject: RE: Problems installing i386 1.2.1 -- EHPL!!...uh, HELP!!
To: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM, mikel@shore.net>
From: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1997 14:01:28
Thanks to everyone who helped me get up and running on the '386 port --
even
1.2.1 works like a charm (though I should probably update).  Display
problem
turned out to be nonexistent, and the mouse mapped as pms0 at pci0 blah
blah,
so I could tune my X server and have it WORK!  Thank you _very_ much!

Is Dave Burgess' FAQ webified anywhere, or do I have to grovel my
through the
archives?

Is there a way to tell the kernel NOT to map the backspace key to send a
DEL?
It's annoying to require two settings for the same physical box - one
for the
console, one for xterm.

Secondly, can anyone tell me why my keyboard locks up at boot time?  It
makes
me hold down a key until the LEDs flash.

[yeah, I know, it's probably fixed in -current...]