Subject: Re: Problems installing i386 1.2.1 -- EHPL!!...uh, HELP!!
To: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1997 07:51:22
Mike Long sez:
/*
 * >Where's my mouse; do I need to configure it to find the mouse on the
 * >eisa
 * >port...?
 *
 * What kind of mouse do you have?  If it's not a serial mouse, you
 * probably need to use one of the pms(4), lms(4), or mms(4) drivers.
 */

I thought it was a serial mouse, but there's no config line for it,
and makedev insists upon making a symlink for /dev/mouse to one of
mms, lms or pms; besides I have lms[01] and mms[01] in there.

I must just be _really_ braindead/spoiled by SPARCdom.  Sorry to be
such a pain;

#ifdef BUTTHEAD
uhhhhh...um, I don't get it.  Intel architectures suck, Beavis.
#else

but where should it find a serial mouse if it detects that?
I only have pms[01] left to find.

#endif

				--*greywolf;
--
"I presume I need no introduction." -- Lestat