Subject: Re: ep0 doesn't work with ec509 neither
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/1997 15:53:09
tes:

    >> > (ethernet network) at pci0 dev15 function 0 not configured".
    >> assume you have ep* on PCI in your config > file, and not only
    >> ep* on ISA?
    >>=20
    >> yes, it's on pci.

    Havard> Just to be perfectly clear on this: I asked whether the
    Havard> config file had "ep* on pci..." (or whatever the correct
    Havard> syntax would be) in it, not whether the card itself was
    Havard> physically inserted in the PCI bus.

    Havard> - H=E5vard

I was kindda certain that i had ep* on pci? in the config file, but I
took a second look at it and turned out I really got isa? in it; the
reason is that I swap my ethernet cards to see if the 3c509 works,
it did not, but I forgot to change the config back to pci?... :)
=20
big oops...

I tried it again, and ifconfig'ed it, and it seems to be working!  (it
hasn't kernel panic yet)  :)

so, the temporary hack to fix the ep0 thing is to compile elink3.c
without optimization?  weird...  too bad spro doesn't run on netbsd,
it'll prolly do a better job than gcc... :)

/ayn

--=20
Andrew Y Ng  |  <ayng@platinum.com>  |  http://andrew.Ngbert.org/
             (-) please finger ayn@CMU.EDU if u need more info...