Subject: Re: apm hangs my system
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: tiger4 <tiger4@home.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/1997 12:03:40
$)C
der Mouse wrote:

> Considering?!! _Considering_?!?!! If I discovered _I'd_ committed
> something core found unacceptable, I would have rolled the commits
> back
> out as soon as I found out!!! It's been what, a month now, since the
> flurry of messages on current-users?!! And over a week since I said "I
>
> can only assume core finds this license acceptable" and Jason
> explicitly replied that this was an incorrect assumption?

> Friend, I'm trying really really hard to believe you care about
> NetBSD.
> It's looking more and more as though you don't give a damn about
> NetBSD
> except as it serves as a tool in your own personal scheme, whatever
> the
> hell that may be.!! I don't know what's actually going on in your
> mind,
> though your actions are sure seeming awfully eloquent to me.!! If you
> _do_ care about NetBSD, I call upon you to start acting like it,
> starting with getting that unacceptable license out of the tree,
> either
> by replacing it with a better one or rolling back the relevant
> commits.
> !!

What are you complaining about?!! If you don't like it, don't use it.
The license must have been acceptable at the time when he submitted his
code.!! I am sure that core people took a good look at it too.!! It is
like you are complaining that somebody has given you nice car for free,
and you are complaining about a little scratch on a door.!! His
contribution is very valuable to us NetBSD community.!! What have you
contributed?!! He cares more about NetBSD than you do.!! I wish there
were more people like him and less people like you.
!!

> This strikes me as a threat, "don't rock the boat or I'll drag my feet
>
> even more on this".!! If that's what you meant, well, if you're
> willing
> to continue crippling NetBSD to get some bizarre kind of revenge on
> me,
> I guess we can all tell what that says about your priorities.!! But if
>
> that's not what you meant, if you really do care about the project,
> then I ask, what's holding up the works?!! (You also may want to be
> more
> careful to avoid saying things that sound like veiled threats.)
> !!

You sounds like a manager or group leader from hell.!! He will take his
own time to make those changes if he pleases.!! As you may have noticed
that without his license changes, NetBSD still runs fine.!! I don't
think this change in license is number 1 priority on his mind.!! What
are you doing with NetBSD that this license affect you so much?!! Are
you planning to sell his code and make lots of money, and these legal
stuff is in your greedy way?!! Don't let this license issue slow him
down.!! If you don't like his license so much, why don't you spend your
time and money, find lawyer, and draft a license that you, Chris and
rest of the NetBSD community can agree on.!! Now there is one that you
can contribute.

Tiger
!!
!!