Subject: Re: 1.2G problem...
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/24/1997 15:37:13
On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:41:28 -0600,
   "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com> writes>

>>Is the sharing problem with the Adaptec?

>I don't think that the Adaptec's have any intrinsic problem with
>sharing interrupts.  In Pluto's "Digital Space Recorder", there are
>20 aic7880 chips split between 2 hardware interrupts and they run
>just fine under FreeBSD.

Sorry, I said that badly.  Is the problem sharing interrupts an SPL
between the two NICS (which can also happily share an interrupt),
*and* the Adaptec, which needs to run at a different spl level?

Your 20 aic7880 chips might have the same problem as Darren, if they
had to share the interrupt with a NIC too.  Then again maybe not.