Subject: Re: crash at 24:00 and doing make depend
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/1997 15:49:06
>> NMI ... going to debugger
>> kernel: non_maskable interrupt trap, code = 0
>> Stopped at          _cpu_switch+0xf:         movl    $0,_curproc
>>
>> anyone an idee what's wrong??, these are 1.2G sources.
>
>A possible cause of this can be a memory parity error.

may i ask some aditional questions:

should my intel motherboard tell me there's some wrong with the parity of
the installed memm??
the difference, even or odd parity, is the amount of chips on the simm(f.i.
8 i.s.o.9)?

and third, every time i go the the debugger and do a callout, the same
function is at top..
is that the calling/causing function?? (_nfs_timer)
i outcommented all nfs options in the config file and in rc.conf..should i
do a make clean
to get rid of the nfs code??
thanx
~n