Subject: Re: ep0 doesn't work with ec509 neither
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayng@platinum.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/1997 17:36:03

    >> >But not with a fresh enough -current to expose the problem, I
    >> >guess.
    >>
    >> Or maybe I'm just really lucky?

    Havard> Could be.  I observed the problem with a 3c595, although I
    Havard> see that aun@ngbert.org also complained about the 3c509.

    Havard> Slightly confused,

Yes, I'm having serious problems with my ep0 driver.  I have the 3c590
pci combo ethernet card, I used to be able to ifconfig it with
`ifconfig ep0 IPADDRESS up link0 link1`, but now it kernel panic after
trying to ifconfig it that way.  Jonathon Stone on the port-i386 mailing
list told me that I have been doing it incorrectly and was just
lucky.  I tried using other ifconfig flags (like with the media type)
but it did the same thing...

I swapped cards with my other box, replacing the 3c590 with the 3c509,
recompiled the kernel with isa? but it kernel panic after I trying
to ifconfig it as well...  :(

so, if any of u guys got the 3c590 to actually work, please let me
know.

thx!

/ayn

--