Subject: Re: ep0 doesn't work with ec509 neither
To: None <ayn@Ngbert.org>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/21/1997 11:54:16
>From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
>
>I replaced my 3c590 pci card with a 3c509 and recompiled my kernel
>with isa?...
>
>it still kernel panic when I tried to ifconfig it with
>`ifconfig ep0 IP_ADDRESS up`...
>
>Is the ep drivers really screwed up or something?  or is it
>just *me*???

I'm using 3c509's in several different machines without trouble.

I vaguely recall that the probe for some other device caused some
trouble during my inital setup...are you running a GENERIC kernel or
one customized for your system?

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.