Subject: Re: re netscape
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/1997 22:35:35
In message <E0wpFBO-0002gi-00@taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk>  Patrick Welche wrote:
> Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >

> > You don't have COMPAT_NOMID, so you can't run BSDI code.
> >
> > .pm
>

> Yes I do ;)  (Ok, so the first time around it is commented out, but
> later on...) (Anyway I got netscape to crash on some java in the
> meantime, but don't see why - for that matter, I don't know if it is a
> NetBSD problem ie., does it work on a BSDi system?)

It crashes pretty fast on Java :-)) on BSDI and NetBSD .. Solaris ...
(ok ok only 1 out of 10 applets or so).

It should be able to run cnn's newsticker (www.cnn.com).
If not you've a problem. I'm running Beta5 on BSDI (2.1 MP) and NetBsd (1.2D)
with the same stability (a little more stable than a collegues Slowaris
version ).

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center