Subject: how to ifconfig ep0?? //was Re: kernel panic!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/1997 00:26:34
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Dave Huang wrote:

> What's the panic message? Do you have a swap partition in your /etc/fstab?
> I.e. something like "/dev/wd0b none swap sw"
> Perhaps you need an updated /etc/rc too, with the swapctl stuff...

ok, I updated the scripts in /etc, and added the swap thinggy,
it doesn't kernel panic anymore...

but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how
to ifconfig my ep0... did the link thinggy get changed
or something?

i tried `ifconfig ep0 192.168.105.163 up link0 link1`, it
worked for a sec or so and then the system hangs; i also
tried doing `ifconfig ep0 inet 192.168.105.163 media UTP`,
same thing...

so... my question is: how the heck do I get my 3c590 PCI
combo card to work in 1.2G?  i used to be able to use the
first command to manually ifconfig it...

also, what should go into /etc/hostname.ep0?

/ayn

--
Andrew Y Ng <ayn@CMU.EDU> http://andrew.Ngbert.org/
(-) finger ayn@CMU.EDU for more info...