Subject: Re: kernel compilation errors...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/1997 12:39:36
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:28:19 -0500 (CDT)
>  Andrew Y Ng <ayng@platinum.com> wrote:
>
>  > I've just updated my system src to -current, and patched the ATAPI
>  > patch, but I'm having difficulties compiling the new kernel, I got the
>  > following error:
>
> ...rebuild config, rerun it on your kernel config file.

I did a `make build` before trying to recompile my kernel, so i think
config be updated already.

I rebuild it anyway and it still couldn't get linked:

rm -f netbsd
ld -z -Ttext F8100000 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
pci.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_subregion' referenced from text segment
com.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
com.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
com.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
com_isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
com_isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
com_isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
lpt.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_map' referenced from text segment
lpt.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
lpt.o: More undefined symbol _bus_space_map refs follow
sbdsp.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
sb_isa.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
ad1848.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
wss.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
wss.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
wss.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_unmap' referenced from text segment
lms.o: More undefined symbol _bus_space_unmap refs follow
eisa_machdep.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_alloc' referenced from text segment
eisa_machdep.o: Undefined symbol `_bus_space_free' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

:(

/ayn