Subject: Re: bad block on an IDE disk
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1997 18:21:06
	IDE drives normally handle mapping bad blocks internally - the
	fact you've seen a bad block probably indicates that its run out
	of space to map out blocks - that disk could really be a dyin'...

	What you've done is pretty much how 'badsect' would handle the
	bad block. The other option is bad144, but I don't know if it
	will work in your case...

- Thought for the day... "I miss my dog"