Subject: Re: boot floppy
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1997 17:57:01
Perry wrote:
> No, it is not what is happening. The deal is that the boot floppy
> doesn't have rc scripts that succeed in running.

But I do have rc scripts etc on it, and they do succeed in
running. Let's say for instance that I didn't have rc.local, and that
the last line in rc tried to run it. init would then put me into
single user mode because it didn't reach the exit(0). If I do have all
the bits necessary, then rc will exit properly, and I get the
multiuser login prompt. My problem is that I seem to be put into
single user mode before rc is run. I then hit ctrl-D, rc is run and I
get my multiuser login prompt. The whole thing stops at:
boot device: fd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
root file system type: ffs
#

At this point I hit ctrl-D and get
setting tty flags
starting network
login:
(and I can login)

So, my rc script succeeds, and I am not sending a -s flag, so what can
I try next?

Cheers,

 Patrick