Subject: Re: boot floppy
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1997 16:59:30
>From the init man page:

  The init program is the last stage of the boot process.  It normally
  runs the automatic reboot sequence as described in reboot(8), and if
  this succeeds, begins multi-user operation.  If the reboot scripts
  fail, init commences single user operation by giving the super-user a
  shell on the console.

What are the reboot scripts in the context of booting from floppy?

  The init program may be passed parameters from the boot program to
  prevent the system from going multi-user and to instead execute a
  single user shell without starting the normal daemons.

Is this what happens when booting from floppy? I definitely don't say
boot fd0a:netbsd.gz -s
!

Once I hit ctrl-D everything works nicely :) I just wonder how to
avert the need for it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

 Patrick