Subject: elink3 bites (was Re: new i386 snapshot (finally))
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/07/1997 20:38:41
Perry writes:
>A new i386 snapshot is up on ftp.netbsd.org. It is in
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-970616/NetBSD-1.2G

I've downloaded this and prepped the disk... now I'd like to get the
rest accros via NFS.

After ifconfig'ing ep0 and attempting to ping my server I get a
response to the first packet, then I get:

ping: failed to clear cached route: Network is unreachable

If I ping again, I get the 1st response then the above error again.

If I madly go ahead and attempt to NFS mount server:/share the machine
panics... or hangs.  The screen cleared too quickly to see what the
panic was.

>Expect another snapshot in a couple of weeks -- I'm going to try to do
>these regularly between now and the 1.3 cut...

Even if someone could provide a recent generic kernel built with the
elink3 fix, I'd probably be able to get this beast up. I figure I can
download a kernel quicker than my 486 can compile one :-) and I don't
have 1.2G installed.

--sjg
--
Simon J. Gerraty        <sjg@quick.com.au>

#include <disclaimer>   /* imagine something _very_ witty here */